The College Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2012, The cell plans, implements and monitors all the academic and co-curricular activities in the college The college has a stated policy on quality assurance to achieve excellence in all the spheres of higher education, for the holistic development of students and inculcating good citizenship among them. The college has stated various measures to promote quality in all the fields of higher education, teaching and learning, governance, student support and progression, collaboration with other institutions. IQAC happens to be one of the important components of the college which ensures Quality and continuous improvement in all the aspects of the College growth.
IQAC has a defined Quality Objectives as:
1. To achieve academic and administrative excellence
2. Creating a student-centric atmosphere for holistic learning
3. To promote Interdisciplinary and collaborative research
4. To enhance the quality of staff by promoting and encouraging overall faculty development
5. To aim for International collaborations and International programs
6. To enhance Infrastructure for Teaching-Learning and Administration
The objectives of IQAC are to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution and to assure all the stakeholders connected with higher education about the quality of education provided by the institution. IQAC is constantly working towards realizing the goal of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The institution is committed to promote and support all-round effective learning and teaching with a view to contribute to the development of a knowledge society through equitable access and widening the participation base in higher education.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution. - Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education. - Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles. - Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement. - Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters. - Organising orientation programmes for Staff and Administrative Staff. - Springboard – A Leadership Programme for Quality Circle members. - Administering Feedback Mechanism for the College. - Dissemination of information through national Survey on Higher Education All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for: - Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks - Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation. - Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute: - To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture. - To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices. - To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning. - To act as a change agent in the institution. - To better inter communication.